Kiritsis & Associates
Kiritsis & Associates
LLCs electing S Corps status have to go through a regulatory minefield, but if successful, a number of tax benefits can be in the horizon.
1. Lower self-employment taxes. Although, LLCs are thought of being scalable, meaning they are designed to change and adapt to the needs of a growing business, one of the areas, where an S Corp may provide more fertile ground for self-employment taxes.
2. Separate tax return. The LLC, especially a single member LLC taxed as disregarded entity wants to benefit from separate tax reporting filings, such as Form 1120S, but does not want (at least yet), elect C Corp tax treatment which file Form 1120.
3. Reduce tax audit risk. Generally, if properly structured and accurately reported, an S Corp could potentially be significantly less likely to be subjected to a tax audit.
4. Work around certain bankruptcy-related tax issues. Getting bankruptcy relief often requires a business to file past unfiled tax returns. It may be easier to basically, reverse engineer, and recreate certain bookkeeping reports by having the business be an S Corp rather than LLC, in certain situations.
5. Resolve certain divorce-related tax issues. In many divorce situations, such as, the two spouses still want to operate a business together, but want a lot of formalities, so that it does not create a further adversely and business dispute among the parties.
Law Offices of Kiritsis & Associates
Phone # 212 922 0005
Manhattan Office (Main Office):
633 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Brooklyn Office (By Appointment Only):
1023 74th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11228
New Jersey Office:
7309 Ventnor Avenue
Ventnor, NJ 08406
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. PRIOR RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE A SIMILAR OUTCOME.
We hope you would find this website useful with regards to finding potentially relevant information for your legal issue. The Law Offices of Kiritsis & Associates PLLC is a boutique law Firm Group headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Manhattan, Brooklyn (NY) and New Jersey. We strive to provide professional legal services for individuals and various business entities. Our clientele ranges from including aspiring entrepreneurs, startups to established business organizations.
We offer flat fee prices for many of the practice areas provided listed throughout our website. For more information on the topic you may be interested, or simply to find out how our law Firm Group can help, you may click at any of our site's links.
We are available for existing and potentially new clients 7 days a week -- via online, phone and/or in person.
Intellectual Property Disclaimer(s):
The materials available through this website and any other websites owned by John Kiritsis (individually and collectively, the "Website") are the property of John Kiritsis and his entities, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not use, reproduce, download, store, post, broadcast, transmit, modify, sell or make available to the public content from the Website without the prior written approval of John Kiritsis. Be aware that any unauthorized use of John Kiritsis trademarks and copyrighted content for commercial purposes in violation of John Kiritsis's intellectual property rights will be vigorously enforced. All other trademarks, service marks and trade names referenced in this site are the property of John Kiritsis.
Website Created & Hosted with Website.com Website Builder